V-Ray 3.1 for Maya contains over 100 new and modified features, including Maya 2016 compatibility, numerous V-Ray RT GPU enhancements and two VR cameras.
Here are just a few of the updates.
Maya 2016 support
· Support for new Hypershade Node Editor, Material Viewer, and Lookdev view
· Enhanced Bifrost support – including rendering liquids as isosurfaces without meshing
New – V-Ray RT GPU Features
· Hair & fur
· Subsurface scattering
· Displacement & subdivision surfaces
· Light Cache GI
· Anisotropic highlights
· UDIM textures
· Texture baking
· QMC sampling on NVIDIA CUDA devices
· Faster rendering of dynamic meshes, proxy objects, and instances
· Faster rendering of hair and fur
· Intel Embree acceleration for hair and fur
· VRayClipper – for cutaways and sections
· Updated Light Cache algorithm removes light leaks and improves animation
Plus enhancements with VR cameras, UI, Proxy Objects, and much more!