Octane has tightly integrated plugins for 3ds Max, Maya and Poser, so you can render right in the viewport. More plugins are coming for XSI, Autocad, DAZ Studio, Lightwave and Cinema4D. And it has export scripts for modo, Blender, SketchUp, Rhino, Softimage, 3ds Max, Cinema4D and Daz3D which allow users to export their scenes and animations and render with the OctaneRender Standalone version.
Here are just a few of the many features:
- Physically based / Spectral Light Transport
- Unbiased and Direct Lighting / Ambient Occlusion
- Custom Sampling Algorithm (Custom MLT-like implementation)
- Multiple GPU Support
- Geometry Instances
- Motion Blur
- Pause / Resume render
- Built-in Firefly removal tool
- “Deep Channel” kernel mode to provide renders for geometric normals, shading normals, z-depth, material ID, UV co-ordinates
- Supports multiple colour spaces
- RGB colours
- Gaussian spectra
- Blackbody spectra
See the full feature list in the second link. Fast and affordable.