Vray for Maya
So occasionally the Vray frame-buffer gets screwed up. Sometimes you’ll lose the frame-buffer window off screen and you can’t get it back, sometimes the frame-buffer completely crashes Maya with a ‘fatal error’.
Here’s how I fix this issue
- Save your Maya scene file as Maya ASCII.
- Open the ASCII file in a text editor. Vim handles very large text files easily and is available on all platforms.
- Search for ‘.vfbSA’ in the ASCII file.
- Select and delete the entire setAttr entry. Like so:
5. Save the ASCII file and open the scene in Maya.