Phoenix FD is Chaos Group’s fluid dynamics tool for creating fire, smoke, explosions, liquids, splashes and foam.
Check out some key features that will improve and streamline your VFX workflow:
• A hybrid simulation system including grids and particles
• Automatic foam and splashes generation with optimized shaders for faster rendering and easier setup
• Optimization for huge amount of particles including a fog shader
• GPU preview that resembles almost rendering quality and allows you to setup your fluid in the viewport with multiple lights even before rendering
• Support for all fluids by V-Ray RT, including liquids with proper refraction, for quick and efficient material setup
• 3D procedural textures allow you to extract channels data from the simulation that can be used in various ways (blending colors of the fluid, changing the IOR for haze effects, etc.)
• Full integration with V-Ray, including proper GI from the generated fluid
• Option to generate haze effects for distorting objects behind the fluid grid
• Scripting through Maxscript in 3ds Max and Pyton in Maya for full control over your simulations
Note: Please note that currently Phoenix FD for Maya requires V-Ray 2.1 or higher.