Having trouble installing Vray or getting it to recognize your license? Go to this link:
Go to page 17 in the PDF for detailed instructions for dongle issues.
It is for Vray for Maya but the licensing directions work for Max, as well.
In a nutshell,
– install Vray and WIBU key drivers
– then put your dongle in
– let the drivers install for the dongle
– in a web browser go to http://your host name (usually 127.0.0.1 can work)/30304
You can also try using “localhost” as your host name, as in http://localhost/30304
– Click the “get status of server” link
– Go to bottom of page
– Click the “Update license” link
– Follow ensuing directions
Thanks to Matt for this fix!!!